Director, Services and Support
The Services and Support leader will operate the department to be customer-centric, employee-centric and provide high-value returns for stakeholders of the business. With a sharp business acumen, you will provide appropriate solutions and ensure customers’ expectations are listened to and exceeded.
- Accountable for the leadership and management of a team of technical consultants and the successful outcome of project service delivery. Manage bench strength and resource capacity as required to address backlog.
- Develop, document, and implement best practices for execution that support team in providing the highest level of technical and business competence to meet client / industry needs.
- Ensure project scope is managed and scope changes are proactively identified and successfully negotiated with the project manager, account manager and the customer. Schedule and budget KPIs must be monitored with client handover to support transition to be handled effectively.
- Understand business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, etc.
- Contribute to overall business strategy as key member of leadership team, fostering communication across all teams.
- Mentor and develop staff skills to optimize bench strength.
For key accounts, direct personal participation will be expected:
- Oversee that the client is satisfied with solution including ongoing reviews of customer issues related to managed services, project deployment services (e.g. installation, configuration and training) as well as ancillary items such as support, ops /hosting, project mgmt.
- Participate in internal meetings to review strategy or commercials for high-profile accounts, act as key point of contact in escalation resolution.
- Guide technical team with evolution and quality of recommendations and related deliverables to satisfy the client’s solution requirements.
Pre-Sales, Consulting and Support
- Assist sales to provide resource to respond to RFPs, develop statements of work (SOWs) and project change notices for the client using templates established by the services team.
- If product management is resource constrained, manage these occasional resource requests to support product demonstrations.
- Manage solutions consultants to develop recommendations for clients and perform workshops that capture requirements for project definition.
- Develop managed services scope for hosted SaaS offering, working with product management to anticipate any planned changes in software architecture that may impact infrastructure.
- Facilitate the participation of key resources to assist in Support Ticket Triage process.
- Minimum 10 year’s management and leadership experience with proven ability to attract, build, and lead a team to deliver against aggressive growth objectives.
- Proven track record to influence and drive successful negotiations for partnerships, acquisitions, vendors and customer relationships with a win-win outcome
- Hands-on leader with the ability to thrive under the pressure of constant change and demanding customers.
- Financial savvy to understand and teach others about how to use financial data to make decisions and increase revenue, cash flow, or profit.
- Intimate knowledge of market needs and conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing, or business is expected. MBA or Master’s Degree in related fields is preferred.
Coreworx Kitchener, Ontario
Who We Are
We are part of Constellation Software Inc., a large global conglomerate of software companies that is publicly traded on the TSX under CSU.
Our customers use our software to manage the volumes of information and processes that go along with the planning, engineering, construction, and operation of complex capital projects, such as offshore oil rigs, refineries, and power generation plants – and that makes us proud.
This role provides for active participation on the leadership team of a strategic and driven business. You will have multiple colleagues and training opportunities within the company and within the sister companies of Constellation Software Inc., to provide counsel and advice on their experiences. Be part of a big picture company, growing through on-site expansion and acquisitions. Excellent remuneration and incentives offered.