Technical Support Representative (Technical Consultant)
Coreworx Inc. is looking for individuals to join our team in the role of Technical Support Representative supporting our product installations in customer facilities, as well as Coreworx-hosted facilities. We are open to the candidate joining us in our Houston, Texas office or Kitchener, Ontario office.
As a Technical Support Representative, you will be working with our customer support team, advising customers by phone, email, and via web. This position will give you responsibility for troubleshooting customer issues, fielding technical inquiries, as well as setting up internal systems designed to better support the customer population. You will champion the deployment and day-to-day operations of product installations, both independently and as part of a team.
- Provide superior customer support (2nd-3rd level) for the Coreworx suite of products, a web-based project collaboration product and related supporting technologies
- Develop technical support documentation
- Manage problem investigation, documentation, clarification, scoping, and follow-up through to resolution
- Responsibility for support of Coreworx product installations both on premise and hosted, with the technical aptitude to troubleshoot, navigate, and resolve issues as they arise by looking at IIS error logs, Coreworx logs, Windows security, OS etc.
- Participation in client hand-offs from professional services
- Communicate customer comments and requests to product management, development team and/or management
- Install and test software patches and associated documentation
- Ensure that the appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders
- Support client QA testing of enterprise applications
- Work with the development team to resolve code level issues
- Provide administration and operational support to Coreworx hosted and SaaS environments
- Provide regular business hours support with the requirement to provide afterhours support as per the on-call rotation
- Periodic travel to client sites may be required from time to time
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent training in computer science or engineering
- 5 years of experience working with or supporting enterprise software
- Understanding of web-based software based on Microsoft technologies (ASP, IIS, .NET, ActiveX, C#, SSRS, …)
- Experience developing SQL databases and the ability to improve performance and optimization
- Ability to manage multiple client issues
- Demonstrated skills of collaborating with clients and working with client support organizations
- Superior attention to detail and good record keeping habits
- Experience with document management systems and workflows is an asset
- Understanding of accounting concepts such as time sheets, rates, costing, billing and financial reporting
- Superior client communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience dealing directly with customers
- Experience with test scripts and test execution
- Prior experience with operations at industrial facilities is a bonus
Coreworx Kitchener, Ontario
Who We Are
We are part of Constellation Software Inc., a large global conglomerate of software companies that is publicly traded on the TSX under CSU.
Our customers use our software to manage the volumes of information and processes that go along with the planning, engineering, construction, and operation of complex capital projects, such as offshore oil rigs, refineries, and power generation plants – and that makes us proud.
We offer a complete benefits package, on-call remuneration, vacation starting at 3 weeks, Employee Stock Purchase Plans and, for US employees, 401K and HSA choices amongst many other sought after options.
Join a company with big business backing and the commitment to take our businesses to a new level.