Software QA Specialist
If you’re a highly-motivated software tester that takes pride in creating the best possible user experience and like working with a strong team, this role is for you. We would welcome a new grad or someone with experience; if you’re an independent and quick learner, with a highly creative and inquisitive nature and a natural desire to persevere, we’re looking for you. This role is located in our Kitchener, Ontario office.
- Write and execute test plans and test cases for enterprise-level web applications, built on a scalable layered architecture with robust security, auditing, and logging capabilities.
- Identify and clearly document errors and inconsistencies in the functionality, usability, and performance of the products.
- Perform integration, user acceptance, functional, load, performance, and regression testing
- Participate in Agile ceremonies with local and remote teams.
- Provide support to internal teams, such as customer support, and external customers:
- Mentor and train new hires
- Investigate/replicate/troubleshoot reported software issues
- Actively participate in design sessions for new functionality
- Use various functional and load testing tools as appropriate, to automate the execution of complex test cases
- Maintain QA environments and perform regular deployments
- Post-secondary education, ideally in Computer Sciences or Engineering
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile, Testing Strategy, Testing Techniques and Bug Life Cycle
- Experienced using manual and automated testing tools in exploratory, scripting, and ad-hoc test plans
- Highly energetic self-starter, flexible, quick learner with great communication skills
- Superior analytical, organizational, planning, prioritizing, troubleshooting, and documentation skills.
- Passionate, enthusiastic and able to work flexibly in a highly dynamic environment
- Added advantage: experience with networking, system administration, enterprise software management or software development, virtual machines, automation testing, performance testing, databases, MCSD certifications
Coreworx Kitchener, Ontario
Who We Are
We are part of Constellation Software Inc., a large global conglomerate of software companies that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Our customers use our software to manage the volumes of information and processes that go along with the planning, engineering, construction, and operation of complex capital projects, such as offshore oil rigs, refineries, and power generation plants.
We offer a complete benefits package, vacation starting at 3 weeks, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and for US employees, 401K and HSA choices amongst many other sought after options.
Join a company with big business backing and the commitment to take our products to a new level.