Coreworx Contract Management
for Capital Projects
Contract Pre-Award Features
The contract pre-award process demands a high level of integrity and control and requires strong engagement and communication with a wide range of project team members and external parties. The project schedule is directly impacted by each day you spend preparing contract information, managing tenders and executing evaluation and award. Coreworx Contract Management provides functionality to compress the duration of pre-award activities while protecting the integrity of the process.
Compile & validate potential
Assemble and track bid documents and quantities
Verify and issue invitations
Contract Post-Award Features
Managing contract activities and deliverables post-award calls for discipline in several areas: maintaining contract information, assessing risk, managing change, communicating to stakeholders, and closing out contracts. Coreworx Contract Management reduces the reliance on scattered spreadsheets and human memory by providing a central repository and processes to control change, deliverables, invoices and correspondence. Contract information is managed with revision control, subject to review processes and exchanged via transmittals. Work assignments and notifications are directed to stakeholders and monitored and expedited by contract administrators.
Itemize and track contract deliverables
Contract Invoice Submittal (CIS)
Log invoices, obtain ok-to-pay authorization and track available contract funds
Contract Management Dashboards & Reports
Dashboards and reports are essential tools for accurate and timely visibility to contract performance. While most dashboards let you view summarized data for contracts they usually represent older data and don’t enable users to pursue mitigation actions for risk. Coreworx Contract Management lets you see real-time data and drill down to specific contract artifacts and processes for immediate action.
Detailed interactive logs for contract-related artifacts
Personalized set of interactive charts and graphs that summarizes status, progress and performance data
An integrated contractor database and interactive bid list enable you to qualify and select contractors to participate in pre-award activities. Each modification to the bid list is formally recorded with comments ensuring integrity and traceability.
- Search for contracting parties inside the Coreworx contractor database based on multiple criteria
- Import contractors into Coreworx contractor database with prequalification information
- Add contracting parties to a contract’s bid list
- Initiate and manage bid list approval with automated workflow process and integrated responsibility matrix
- Make revisions to the bid list and maintain revision history
(Contract Scope of Work)
This time-consuming process is made much easier and efficient with the Coreworx bid package functionality. Easily link documents into a bid package from the built-in document management system, or upload from a file system. As documents are submitted, reviewed and issued the bid package automatically reflects progress. Item quantities and estimates are quickly imported to represent all bid requirements.
- Quickly link documents and line items to a bid package
- Integrate design/engineering, construction, safety and QA/QC processes to ensure completeness and accuracy with most current documents or fixed document revisions
- Create folder structures to organize content
- Control bid package review with automated workflow process, and lock down bid package revisions upon approval
- Create and issue any number of bid package addenda
- Auto-generate cover page and bid forms based on bid package contents and instructions
Coreworx applies a formal, automated approach to issuing invitations to bid. This includes workflow-driven approval process and email invitations with auto-created login accounts for the secure bidder portal.
- Automate bid issue approval process with workflow and integrated responsibility matrix
- Add bid instructions for bidders
- Specify dates for intention to bid deadline, bid submission deadline, and sealed bid opening
- Auto-create login accounts for approved bidders
- Distribute emails with links to the secure bidder portal
A secure Bidder Portal enables bidders to perform bid actions and interact with the contract team easily without the need for training.
- Access helpful instructions and visual aids
- Access multiple invitations, instructions, bid packages, addenda
- Request and receive clarifications
- Administer and respond to clarifications
- Submit bid intent or withdraw
- Easily enter quantities and commercial data into prepared bid forms
- Upload versions of bid content using drag and drop
- Submit bids: automatically trigger evaluation process based on sealed bid opening date
- Track bidder activity
This critical process requires discipline and control to ensure correct stakeholder engagement and a complete view of bid information. Coreworx applies a sophisticated workflow that separates technical and commercial review, assigns authority with an integrated responsibility matrix and tracks every comment and recommendation.
- Trigger evaluation process automatically from sealed bid opening date
- Set policies for separation of technical and commercial reviews, sequential or parallel reviews, etc.
- Bid tabulation for commercial bid data enables side-by-side assessment
- Recommend award based on feedback acquired during the evaluation
Coreworx Contract Management controls the bid award process to ensure authorized approvers are engaged and automatically transitions contracts from bid to award status.
- Recommend award based on evaluation results
- Manage approval to award with automated workflow process and integrated responsibility matrix
- Confirm awarded party, dates, other details
- Transition contracts from bid to awarded state, locking down pre-award features and artifacts and opening up post-award administration
Contract administrators use Coreworx Contract Management track delivery of committed items. They can organize and track deliverables, such as documents and service items (e.g., labor, equipment, materials, etc.), in packages.
- Create multiple packages for sets of contract deliverables
- Monitor deliverables packages from contract package register
- Track percent complete on individual packages and roll up progress to the contract scope level based on package weighting
Contract Invoice Submittal (CIS)
Contract administrators can record, approve and track invoices for a contract. This gives important insight into amounts being charged against the contract and insight to funds remaining to complete the work.
- Record invoices and get them “approved to pay” by the project team
- Record and measure invoiced amounts against the original contract budget and current contract values
- View all submittals via the Contract Invoice Submittal register
- Integrate Coreworx “approval to pay” process with accounting systems
Request for Information (RFI)
RFI facilitates collaboration with the contractor under a controlled process that ensures timely responses, provides visibility to progress and full traceability.
- Manage time-driven response to RFIs using automated workflow and integrated responsibility matrix
- Enable interaction between requestors and responders with comment and clarification loops
- View and share RFI register with sortable criteria
- Real-time monitoring of RFIs for a contract with dashboard summary reports
Coreworx provides an integrated change management capability to control and track contract changes.
- Automate and control changes with change request workflow process and integrated responsibility matrix
- View and share change register with sortable criteria
- Monitor and track change, from potential changes to change notices
- Summarize changes against the contract to provide current and potential contract values
- Link documents, RFIs, and other artifacts to changes
Contract administrators can start focusing on close out tasks immediately after the contract has been awarded, manage them to completion and obtain close out authorization to lock down contracts.
- Capture punch list of close out actions
- Assign close out actions to individuals or groups
- Track progress of close out actions
- Automate formal contract close out with approval workflow process and integrated responsibility matrix
- Preserve contract history and lock down contract artifacts to prevent further modification
Coreworx Contract Management provides interactive registers to represent a complete log of specific contract artifacts and processes. The project team can use the registers to view status, progress and details for each item.
- Control access to registers and filter contents based on a user’s organization and role
- View status, progress, dates and other details for register items
- See “ball in hand” workflow reports to determine who is currently tasked to action on register items
- Create new objects
- Import new objects
- Edit existing objects
- Filter and sort registers based on text strings or column values
Each contract in Coreworx offers a dashboard with a selection of interactive summary reports. Users can personalize the dashboards with specific contents and layout.
- View contract and project-specific dashboards with metrics and summary data
- Access a library of dashboard reports with filtering and drill down capabilities
- Select reports and report positioning for each dashboard
- Configure properties for each dashboard report to determine report behavior and contents
Contract Summary Report
The Contract Summary report provides a project-level summary of contract information with insight to the health and status of each contract.
The Contract Summary report aggregates all contract data in the system and flags many leading indicators including extraordinary contract growth, potential contract change, lagging payment to contractors, over budget contracts, and more.
Like other Coreworx reports, the Contract Summary report may be filtered to match specific contracts, statuses, or other criteria. They may also be exported to Microsoft Excel or PDF for wider distribution and analysis.
Change and RFI Summary Report
The Change and RFI Summary reports provide detailed data for projects and contracts with indicators of risk.
Like other Coreworx reports, these reports may be filtered to match specific contracts, statuses, contractors, or other criteria. They may also be exported to Microsoft Excel or PDF for wider distribution and analysis.
Learn More About Contract Management
Coreworx Contract Management Top 5 Pre-Award Features Webinar Recording
This webinar highlights the pre-award features from owner and EPC perspectives.
Coreworx Contract Management Top 5 Post-Award Features Webinar Recording
This webinar highlights the post-award features from owner and EPC perspectives.
Controlling Contract Growth Webinar Recording
See how to see how Coreworx Contract Management can help manage growth on your capital projects.