Technical Consultant (Kitchener)
As Technical Consultant, you will be working with the Customer Support Team, supporting customers by phone, email and via web. You will be responsible for troubleshooting customer issues, fielding technical inquiries as well as setting up internal systems designed to better support the customer population. You will also be responsible for supporting the deployment and day to day operations of product installations, and will be expected to work independently and as part of a team in a 24X7 environment to ensure the Coreworx product is supported to meet client expectations, relying on your technical aptitude to ensure premier support. This position reports to the Manager, Customer Support.
- Provide superior customer support for the Coreworx suite of products, a web-based project collaboration product and related supporting technologies, as well as our Oncore product which allows projects to track and manage labour, equipment and material costs.
- Develop technical support documentation
- Manage problem investigation, documentation, clarification, scoping, and follow-up through to resolution
- Maintain up to date installation documentation
- Responsible for support of Coreworx product installations both on premise and hosted, with the technical aptitude to troubleshoot, navigate and resolve issues as they arise by looking at IIS error logs, Coreworx logs, Windows security, OS etc.
- Participate in client handoffs from Professional Services
- Communicate customer comments and requests to Product Management, Development team and/or Management
- Install and test software patches and associated documentation
- Ensure that the appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders
- Support client QA testing of enterprise applications
- Work with the Development Team to resolve code level issues
- Provide administration and operational support to Coreworx hosted and SaaS environments.
- Provide 24X7 support with the requirement to provide afterhours support as per the on call rotation
- Periodic travel to client sites may be required from time to time.
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent training in computer science or engineering
- 5 years of experience working with or supporting enterprise software
- Understanding of web-based software based on Microsoft technologies (ASP, IIS, .NET, ActiveX, C#, SSRS, …)
- Interest in developing an understanding of databases, database performance and SQL optimization
- Ability to manage multiple client issues.
- Demonstrated skills of collaborating with clients and working with client support organizations
- Superior attention to detail and good record keeping habits
- Experience with document management systems and workflows is an asset
- Understanding of accounting concepts such as time sheets, rates, costing, billing and financial reporting
- Superior client communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience dealing directly with customers
- Experience with test scripts and test execution
- Prior experience with operations at industrial facilities is a bonus
Coreworx Inc. provides integrated project information and cost control solutions for large capital projects in the oil & gas, power, and mining sectors. The Coreworx solution is a proven web-based enterprise software system that enables engineering and construction contractors and owner/operators to automate best practices, mitigate business risks, and improve performance to budget throughout the entire project lifecycle. Coreworx customers manage a portfolio of projects valued at over $700 billion across more than 40 countries, on more than 600 capital projects with nearly 70,000 users. Coreworx has offices in Kitchener, Calgary, Halifax, Houston (USA), and Perth (Australia). For more information, visit www.coreworx.com
If you are interested in an exciting opportunity and the chance to work with an experienced group in a fun and entrepreneurial technology company, email your resume with cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or agencies please. Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why work with us?
If you’re interested in working for a company whose software manages 600 capital projects worth $700 billion across 40 countries, then Coreworx is for you.
If you’re interested in working for a company whose clients rely on them to manage some of the largest, most complex projects from oil sands to high speed rail to offshore oil and gas platforms all around the world, then Coreworx is for you.
If you’re interested in working for a company where you’re not just a ‘cog in a wheel’ and your efforts make a true difference, then Coreworx is for you.
We are always looking for talented and passionate people.